Veritas Senior Principal Paralegal – Products & Marketing in United States
Senior Principal Paralegal – Products & Marketing
Veritas is a global leader in providing storage and systems management solutions to help our customers (from small businesses to the largest global organizations) manage their information-driven world against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently.
The Global Legal Affairs team is seeking a Senior Principal Paralegal – Products & Marketing to join their dynamic, fast-paced and high-energy environment. The successful individual will have a demonstrated record of outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, a team-oriented attitude, and extensive knowledge in the patent process (preferably with law firm experience).
- Provide support to the Product Legal Support Team, including the Sr. Director and 2-3 attorneys
- Act as liaison between Product development and engineering organizations and in-house attorneys to support product lifecycle activities
- Review of marketing and product collateral and customer success stories
- Responsibilities will include Open Source Code monitoring, tracking product releases, administering the legal review process, reviewing third party licenses, assisting in the evaluation of privacy and data collection issues and drafting and reviewing end user license agreements and service descriptions
- Coordinate and submit data into Veritas’ electronic databases and may assist in the administration of Veritas’ third party code use and tracking programs.
- Responsibility for reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and administering non-disclosure, limited use, partner development program and evaluation agreements, under supervision of counsel
- Work with a number of attorneys supporting efforts related to product release, strategic partnerships and intellectual property licensing
- Will also develop skills related to standard agreement drafting and legal correspondence.
- Relevant College Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- 8 – 10+ years of experience in product and technology transactions and product development
- Expertise in Software licensing law and Appliance development
- Familiarity with at least one commercial IP management system, preferably Anaqua, and Open Source review systems, such as Black Duck
- Experience with managing multiple product release cycles in accordance with Veritas’ roadmap efforts
- Self-directed with strong bias for action, detail orientation and delivering results
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines working independently
- Ability to prioritize work load to complete assigned deliverables within the allocated timeline
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, engaging environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong client service skills required
- Must possess strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook skills
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .