Veritas Software Engineer in Roseville, Minnesota
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zettabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
- Designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining enterprise software in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Communicating and collaborating across teams in a multinational environment
- Delivering world-class backup and recovery software on an aggressive release cadence
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Demonstrated passion for quality and innovation with a customer-first attitude
- Excellent software engineering skills
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, OOD/OOP and multi-threaded application development (using Enterprise Java and Spring Framework is a plus)
- Spring, Tomcat, JPA, JDBC, C/C++, CORBA, OAuth, SAML, Hibernate
- Python, Perl or a scripting language
- Experience developing highly secure, scalable, Internet facing solutions
- Development and performance experience with databases like Oracle and SQL
- Experience programming on Windows and Linux platforms
- Outstanding problem-solving and debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous testing, pair programming, and automated testing
- Networking and Storage knowledge
- Experience with continuous software delivery model
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .