Veritas Principal Software Engineer in Roseville, Minnesota
The Appliance Solutions (AS) organization is changing the backup and recovery game for customers—built on industry-leading backup software, our appliances address the technical complexities of modern data protection and optimized secondary storage for companies of all sizes.
One of the fastest-growing organizations within Veritas, Appliance Solutions is in the business of solving customer problems better than anyone else. The engineering, product management, program and operations management, and manufacturing functions work cross-functionally with other business units to help deliver on Veritas’s product roadmap. Entrepreneurial in nature, the team’s scrappy, get-it-done attitude and culture of open, transparent communication and collaboration are the core values that drive its success.
The Appliance Solutions team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who take a full-tilt approach to their work and careers. We are currently seeking top tier hardware engineers to join our team and develop next generation products and features for our loyal customer base. We operate in a fully Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
Our challenge is solving customers’ information management needs while also lowering the cost of ownership through an integrated solution that is easy to use. Our solutions will expose you to industry trends like data growth, virtualization, containerization, and telemetry analytics.
The Appliance Solutions team is looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who take a full-tilt approach to their work and careers. We are seeking hardware engineers for our greater Appliances development team. Candidates must have experience following coding standards and best practices in an Agile development environment. High standards for quality and an appetite for creating market-leading user experiences a must.
- In this role you will work closely with other team members (internal and external), SW, HW, System Test teams etc. to support new backup appliance development
- Your capability to understand firmware, Kernel and applications software will drive Proof of Concept (POC) of multiple World’s First backup appliances that will shape the future of backup storage
- You will participate in decisions about HW Design (Backup Appliance) that affect software
- You will work with System and Automation Test teams to drive HW diagnostics test development
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years development experience and expert in C or C++
- Experience with Linux based diagnostic code development on embedded platforms is highly desired
- Experience working with developing code for integrating complex hardware into products is highly desired
- Experience in qualifying off the shelf FW is highly desired
- Experience with BIOS and BMC firmware is highly desired
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .