Veritas Principal Product Manager-NetBackup in Roseville, Minnesota
Principal Technical Product Manager – NetBackup
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zettabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas iscurrently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing
Product Managers are responsible for creating and maintaining business goals/strategy and corresponding prioritized roadmaps in order to maximize business value of the product.
Customer/Market/Competitive Analysis Skills
- Voice of customer/market
- Tracks industry trends
- Market research
- Tracks the competitive landscape
- The Product Manager provides accurate and timely market insights by using all available resources to define the requirements of the market/customer base. Responsibilities of the Product Manager in this area include:
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs from our customers, prospects, partners, analysts and synthesize them into a clear and justifiable business opportunity and set of product requirements that will drive the development of our product vision.
- Identify business opportunity
- Participate in and drive customer focus groups and feedback sessions.
- Participate in pricing/packaging analysis in collaboration with Pricing & Licensing and GTM teams.
- Participate in competitive assessment on your product/area and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to identify and address broad industry and technology trends; use this information to help define the overall product strategy.
- Provide tactical support to the business where necessary. This can range from supporting customers escalations to sales presentations providing sound business reasoning for the Product Managers involvement can be provided.
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Experienced with Product Management in the Data Protection Industry
- Strong business data analytical skills
- Strong business case and executive level presentation skills
- Awareness of technology trends and their potential influence
- ROI and other metrics driven prioritization and roadmap development
The Product Manager is responsible for delivering a long-term strategy and prioritized roadmap based on business opportunity. Specific responsibilities in this area include:
- Develop and maintain business case for a given product/area (e.g., market opportunities, what and why, differentiation, market landscape, partners, monetization, RTM, trends, manage lifecycle, etc.)
- In collaboration with Product Owner, translate business priorities into actionable, clearly defined user stories.
- Own and drive creation of Product Management Framework artifacts
- Be committed to continually refining the business goals and priorities to ensure that changes in market conditions are reflected in the product strategy.
- Business focused with business modeling skills
- Be a big picture strategic thinker with a bias toward action
- Ability to make smart simplifying assumptions when there are complicated details
- Ability to do business scenario planning
- Sets a high bar in planning quality
- Ability to make objective decisions for product backlog prioritizations
- Ability to make decisions based on the available data, even when data is limited
- Develop great content that is consistent with overall messaging
- Present in an informative and persuasive fashion to both technical and business-oriented audiences
- Demonstrate market thought leadership
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management, Business Development, and Strategy Development roles.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business Administration OR equivalent experience required.
- Experience with Agile methodologies required.
- Proven experience in gathering, analyzing and prioritizing market opportunity and relevant requirements to differentiate in market.
- Superior analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative. A problem solver who is able to make smart, data driven assumptions.
- Strategic thinker with Business Acumen - Proven track record of thinking business first, not technology.
- Experience driving business analysis, creating business plans and executing on these plans.
- Clear, crisp communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to drive work to conclusion without constant monitoring and intervention and delivers with consistent high quality.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment.
- A fast learner, self-starter with intellectual horsepower.
- Ability to direct and indirectly influence peers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong ability to build relationships with people across all levels and organizations.
- Strong awareness of technology and business trends and their potential influence.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve everything around him/her.
- Ability to create hypothesis, test them and remain impartial.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .