Veritas Manager of Development in Roseville, Minnesota
The Appliance Solutions (AS) organization is changing the backup and recovery game for customers—built on industry-leading backup software, our appliances address the technical complexities of modern data protection and optimized secondary storage for companies of all sizes. As the fastest-growing organizations within Veritas, Appliance Solutions is in the business of solving customer problems better than anyone else. Entrepreneurial in nature, get-it-done attitude, mindset to win, culture of open, transparent communication and collaboration are the core values that drive its success.
Appliance Solutions Engineers work on the latest and greatest trend of technologies in the industry. Working in Appliances will expose you to the latest container technology as we build a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for the other Veritas development teams.
Our engineers write code in Go, Python, Java and Angular. We develop solution for private, hybrid and cloud support (AWS, GCP, Azure). Our architecture is based on micro services and use container technologies for build, deployment and orchestration. We always look ways to automate everything, constantly look for tools and open source to adopt for faster development with agility and have Hackathons every quarter to innovate in new areas and improve operational efficiency.
Our solutions will expose you to industry trends like data growth, virtualization, containerization, and telemetry analytics. We operate in a fully scaled Agile development environment that gives you complete ownership for the features that you develop.
- Provide continuous leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Attract, develop and retain talent to build and maintain a high performing team
- Monitor individual employees’ performance
- Help resolve both technical as well as human resource issues
- Work together with the Product Owner to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver high quality products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with Product Management and Architects in defining Product Vision
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture as needed
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
- Participates in team discussion on continual improvement
- Shares information and helps work their co-workers
- 5+ years’ software development experience preferably with Java, C++, C or Python
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience working with large scale distributed engineering teams
- Knowledge and/or experience with User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- A fast learner and self starter with intellectual horsepower
- Takes ownership and has a sense of pride in their work
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Continually looking for ways to improve
- Sets a very high bar in terms of quality
- Excellent working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience with either Linux file systems and storage technologies
- Experience with Linux containers with Docker and Kubernetes
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .