Veritas SLED Business Dev Mgr in Richmond, Virginia
The Business Development Manager (BDM) develops knowledge of customers, understanding of competitors, and an awareness of the effects of market dynamics within an assigned market sub-segment. The BDM manages resources to create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities. The BDM leads cross-functional business teams to develop strategies and implement actions that culminate in a pipeline of qualified opportunities where Veritas technologies are positioned to win. The BDM will generate an annual bookings/pipeline target with measurable growth over 5 years. The BDM reports directly to the Director of Business Development for Public Sector.
Build and work C-level network with customers and influencers
External facing activities (press, events)
Support field sales teams strategies (paid against their success)
The candidate will position the strategic value of Veritas as a key foundation in SLED Digital Transformation and drive the adoption of Veritas technologies in large SLED programs and initiatives.
A Business Development Manager in this role will:
- Understand the SLED market Understand the top SLED initiatives and programs that will drive the greatest revenue for Veritas;
- Know and have contacts in the Customer community, the Partner ecosystem and the key System Integrators in the SLED market
- Understand the Veritas portfolio Understand the Veritas story, solutions and technologies;
- Understand & Relate specific SLED focused Use Cases for Veritas solutions;
- Communicate new end-user mission and technical requirements to Veritas
- Drive SLED Program Sales Strategies Engage & coordinate with End-User SLED Sales Reps;
- Engage Veritas SLED capture management to develop program specific value propositions; Identify the relevant SLED system integrators and points of contact;
- Build ongoing and program specific call plans with partner accounts;
- Develop program bid strategies with Veritas Leadership
- Push Awareness in the SLED Organizations - elevate Veritas's strategic status with key Customers, Partners and System Integrators;
- Drive executive capture & technology relationships;
- Push go-to-market solutions that will allow Partners & System Integrators to discriminate in the SLED market and influence end-user customer requirements
- Manage a program specific funnel of both pre-award & post award opportunities Focus is on the largest, long term opportunities (e. g. Federally Funded programs executed at the state level, Large state-wide IT transformation initiatives, new mission requirements etc).
- BDM will be responsible for understanding Veritas value proposition in these important initiatives, building & executing campaigns to position our technology
- Drive Adoption of Veritas technology - Execute program specific call plans;
- Push program focused value propositions;
- Arrange demonstrations and deep dives;
- Negotiate positions on teams;
- Ensure Partners/System Integrators are getting proper proposal & technical support;
- Win program business
- Build & Maintain Relationships within System Integrator & Partner Accounts Understand the System Integrator & Partner business models and sales cycles;
- Build relationships with the business development and program teams,
Understand the SLED programs and initiatives that they are prioritizing
Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- 10+ years experience in solution based software sales and business development roles with enterprise IT technology vendors
- Strong knowledge of the SLED Sales Cycle and Programs
- Demonstrated success in working in a sales and business development capacity on infrastructure and program capture
- Demonstrated success in winning Multimillion dollar large SLED programs
- Demonstrated success in establishing teaming agreements with multiple partners & system integrators
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing, and driving solution sales and product marketing for application and infrastructure software, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Strong demonstrated expertise and experience in working with government procurement and contracting.
- Demonstrated success in creating and negotiating corporate agreements with Major Systems integrators
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- History of demonstrated success in Software sales is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Technical or Business undergraduate degree desired, MBA a plus
- Cross-functional influence
- Relationship building
- Project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player.
- Strong drive.
- Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .