Veritas Tech Support Engineer - EV in Pune, India
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.an
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
- Act as a trusted advisor by providing technical support to Global Enterprise level Customers and Partners on Veritas Information Intelligence products (Data Archiving Solutions)
- Researches on a wide array of technical topics such as Operating Systems, Infrastructural Technologies and Veritas Software Products
- Applies specialized knowledge, analytical practices and procedures to analyze, diagnose and resolve issues in unique and often complex enterprise environments
- Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and externalcustomers/stakeholdersin an enterprise environment
- Participates and possibly leads conference calls with customers and 3rd party Teams/Vendors
- Assesses when it is necessary to engage or escalate to senior resources to resolve complex issues
- Manages own schedule of cases, which includes determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Handles Business critical, management escalation and high severity issues with diligence and drives them to resolution
- Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products.
- Interface with Sales, Services, Engineering, Product Management, and Support Management when necessary to prioritize customer requests
- Define and track bugs for Development, and offer innovative ideas to improve product quality.
- Mentor, train, and help develop the skills of new Technical Support Engineers as well as peers.
- Comfortable working in a shift model
- Develop documentation and the Technical Support Knowledge Base to reduce troubleshooting time and drive faster issue resolution
- Engage in on-going training and departmental development, along with self-learnings
- Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness
- Determines which technical tool(s) and tests are to be used
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Graduates / Post Graduates
- 3+ years of working knowledge and experience troubleshooting applications and platform faults in Enterprise environments
- Customer support experience at an enterprise level and corporate environment is desired
- Dealing with customer issues over the telephone on a daily basis using a call tracking system
- Providing feedback to customers on their issues as they are progressed
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by providing a professional service and swift resolution to all customer issues.
- Recreating problems in house and providing evidence where bug fixes are required.
- Accustomed to conducting research to find answers to questions and solutions to problems from various sources
- Understanding of support escalation matrices and leverage the same as required
Essential Hands on experience across the following core technologies :
- Operating Systems - Microsoft Windows 2008/ 2008 R2/2012
- Expertise in Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010, 2013 – Messaging Admin
- Expertise in Outlook Client - 2007, 2010, 2013 and Outlook Web Access ( OWA)
- Web Server - IIS 6/7/8
- Virtualization technologies: VMWare, Hyper-V
- Expertise in Advance Relational Database principles and methodologies (SQL)
- Expertise in Enterprise Level Infrastructure Technology - Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Networking Protocols , Network Topologies and overall Network Landscape
- Knowledge of Storage Systems : EMC - Centera , Celerra ; NetApp storage ( SAN & NAS)
- Knowledge of High Availability Technologies and Clustering
- Strong expertise on Veritas Enterprise Vault/ Archiving software
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Cross platform server environments and Server Hardware
- Exchange Archiving
- File Server Archiving
- IBM Domino Server and Lotus Notes
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Industry standard certifications : MCSE, Microsoft Exchange Certification, CCNA, Storage Certifications ( NetApp, EMC )
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proven capability to own, drive and take responsibility
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes, and works well under pressure
- Team Player : Ability to work, collaborate and at times take the lead in a Team environment
- Experience of working in a pressurized support environment
- Technical Leadership
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .