Veritas Tech Support Analyst in Pune, India
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
Your primary role is to ensure that Veritas customers receive professional and courteous response to their support requests over phone, email, chat and interactive WEBEX session. The support requests will be primarily for issues related to Enterprise Vault Cloud (EV. Cloud) product. In addition to that you will also be responsible for responding to the customer queries regards to product usage billing, providing information on licensing, entitling technical cases, providing reseller/partner information, providing information on their new orders or renewals etc.
This role will involve working and communicating with administrators at the customers’ end who manage their network, OS, Applications, and Databases as well as working with people who need non-technical help related to Veritas products and Services. The working environment will be 24*7*365.
- Develops technical knowledge of Veritas’s products and their uses. Primary task is to provide entry level support to customers who contact the Technical Services Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines.
- We expect active listening skills to understanding the customers’ environment, document the problem for others to understand easily, troubleshoot, and collect evidence (logs), conduct research to find a solution, recreate the problem in a lab environment, provide a solution or advance the case to the next level where bug fixes are required.
- Prioritize and multitask across several open cases, update case notes and keep customer informed of the progress at all times, interact with peers and seniors to share knowledge and ideas to eventually provide the customer with the quickest possible resolution.
- Excellent command over English language; both written and spoken. Ability to draft precise and grammatically correct emails and contribute to the knowledge base by writing articles and documents for the benefit of the support community.
- You are expected to be pro-active with a fast learning curve, working as a team in a 24*7*365 days environment.
What skills, experience and education you need:
- Graduates / Post Graduates in Engineering / Science.3+ years’ experience providing technical support. Experience of working in a LIVE production environment or datacenter with heterogeneous IT infrastructure would be a plus.
- Proven expertise or certification in Microsoft Windows, Exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Backup technologies and storage devices will advantageous.
- Strong customer service focus: able to demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in a busy, high volume support environment. Experience of troubleshooting software, hardware and network problems.
- Able to interact effectively and confidently at all levels with strong customer communications skills, written, oral and face-to-face.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .