Veritas Senior IT Applications Specialist in Pune, India
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.an
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Team: Shared Resource Center (SRC)
SRC is shared resource center for Global Sales Operation and provides various sales operations services to Global, Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific teams.
What you will be doing:
- Designing SharePoint solutions, UX, Chart web part and record storage.
- Must have SharePoint migration experience from 2010 to 2013 environment.
- Creating and modifying SharePoint site collections with multiple sites, unique navigational elements, custom content types and site columns, site pages, web part pages, workflows, retention policies, and governance policies
- Building forms with SharePoint Designer and InfoPath and SharePoint application pages
- Implementing document and record center repositories
- In-depth expertise in developing SharePoint designer workflows.
- Documenting solutions with Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Performing your job for the customer across multiple time zones
- Other duties as assigned
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field experience
- Strong English language in written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to drive Web Conferences and demonstrations and training/enablement meetings
- Superior attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
- SharePoint object model and web service interfaces
- Web parts and web part connections
- Designing custom permissions.
- SharePoint branding components& Sharepoint Designer
- Applicability and use of content types
- SharePoint-hosted workflows
- Standard features (i.e. search/indexing, content management, and Shared Service Providers (SSPs))
- Enterprise features (i.e. Forms Server, Excel Calculation Services, and Business Data Catalog (BDC))
- Reporting and business intelligence (BI)
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .