Veritas Strategic Account CTO in Olympia, Washington
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020?
That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Veritas Worldwide Field Operations Organisation (WFO)
The WFO team are critical to Veritas’ success. This group engages with the customer from the first contact of discussing how Veritas can support the key business challenges through to implementation of the solution to supporting the technical teams internally.
The WFO culture is about winning, being ambitious and putting our customer first. The organisation is focused on building a solutions offer true value to the customers. The Leadership teams lead by example, inspiring and motivate all those in the organisation. We have bespoke world class enablement programmes built for Sales, Pre Sales, Customer Services, Consultants and Technical Support as we firmly believe that our talent is key to our success.
The Account CTO is a senior role responsible for combining technical expertise with strategic business vision. Serves as a trusted advisor with both internal stakeholders and partners / industry leaders. Maintains a strong internal and external network of relationships and drives collaboration, enabling business goals.
- Technical advisory
- Market analysis & planning
- Business development
- Customer enablement
- Sales Coordination
Partner Support Responsibilities Technical advisory:
Provides a level of technical expertise and technical closure for a specific solutions within an assigned strategic accounts and/or territories. Acts as a trusted advisor both internally and externally.
- Provides strategic technical roadmap to the customer and actively consults with the account team
- Coaches and develops team on technical aspects of solution and planning, including any technical training
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all Veritas products and clients current product portfolio
- Own the delivery of technical briefings for solutions and/products for external and internal customers/partners including proof of concepts/demonstrations when required.
Market analysis and planning:
Works with team to understand current account coverage and align to strategic coverage needs
Identifies opportunities within customer’s current product portfolio to grow the account
- Maintains product/solution expertise of market trends in aligned technology including detailed understanding of the competition and translates those learnings into strategies planned within accounts assigned
Business development & Opportunity Management:
- Translates customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
- Develops client demos for custom solutions
- Communicates the Veritas technical value proposition to customer and runs the demo
- Leverages cross domain architects skills to create integrated solutions architectures
- Works with customer to finalize detail of proposed solution and drives to technical closure
- Takes leadership role in large/complex deals
- Reviews technical readiness plans
- Advises on the business value of technical skill development
- Drives win-win solutions and resolves conflicts
- Helps ensure profitability on complex, customized solutions
- Mentors and supports analysis of any partner goals, objectives and needs
Technical & Non-Technical Competencies
- Expert understanding of data management, security products (preferably Veritas’ products) including emerging products and how the products work together
- Experience developing customized solutions on products
- 7-10 years’ experience in technical role within data management, security industry (preferably with Veritas)
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
Management and communication:
- Highly skilled mentor and leader; able to coach and communicate internally and externally
- Expert in conflict resolution
- Able to translate strategy into technical objectives
Leadership and relationships:
- Viewed by team members as a strategic advisor
- Develops collaborative relationships at different levels within the organization
- Superior communication, particularly within the area of executive communications on technical matters
- Expert knowledge of customer’s business model
- Assists in solution creating and opportunity identification
- Expert understanding of Veritas vision and technology; effectively communicates Veritas value prop on solutions
- Expert negotiation skills and ability to drive value
- Ability to map technical and commercial value to longer term business goals within customer environment.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of delivering and influencing at C level.
Experience & Qualifications
- Proven experience in a Technical leadership role
- Degree educated with preference for MSc in Computer Science
- Proven track record of leading technology sales success
- Ability to influence effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to present Veritas’ technical messaging to large and/or critical audiences
- Knowledge of Veritas’ portfolio and competitive technology
- Strong customer and partner network with focus on customer CTO/CISO community
- Regional GTM strategy definition capability
- Ability to represent Veritas’ in key industry groups
- Press, media and analyst engagement experience
- Project management
- Strong social media or industry brand
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .