Veritas Sr. Supplier Manager in Mountain View, California
Supplier roadmap evaluation
Continuously monitor suppliers products, technologies and processes to suggest modifications to current sourcing strategies.
- Manage and obtain the best technologies for application by developing a shelf of current and emerging technologies and suppliers of those technologies.
- Monitor the development of new technologies for emerging trends and manage potential introduction into appliance business.
Conduct business assessments to ensure the short-term and long-term alignment of the objectives and the technology plans of suppliers.
Work with internal Veritas teams to create and drive an evaluation of multiple suppliers through an RFP process.
- Ability to meet current and potential capacity requirements, and do so on the desired delivery schedule.
- Technical support availability and willingness to participate as a partner in developing and optimizing design and a long-term relationship.
- The supplier's track record for business-performance improvement.
Total cost assessment.
Build and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Negotiations with suppliers on key business terms impacting the appliance business.
- Responsible for engaging the supplier on the behalf of internal Veritas teams to integrate business processes and technologies.
- Build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and ensuring the supplier is meeting the requirements of the business.
- Understand and link the wider business environment to stakeholder requirements and drivers.
- Build and develop effective relationships with key external stakeholders, ensuring the supplier behaviors are channeled appropriately via the right conduit.
- Operate as the central point of contact for the Supplier into Veritas and for Veritas into the supplier.
- Drive supplier improvement through quarterly business reviews
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .