Veritas Sr Front End Engineer in Mountain View, California
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas iscurrently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
- Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Responsible for design, implementation, test, automating and maintenance of software modules to a high quality standard
- Strives daily to increase the code coverage numbers for test code
- Able to work in various layers of the software stack
- Participates in peer reviews
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Lead or participate in a scrum team to continuously improve
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- 8+ years’ experience with advanced knowledge of the required programming languages ( Java preferred)
- Excellent software engineering skills are a must, as you’ll be working with some of the best in the industry
- Strong development experience with RESTful API’s, OOD/OOP and multi-threaded application development (using Enterprise Java and Spring Framework is a plus)
- Experience with Python , Perl or a scripting language
- Experience developing highly secure, scalable, Internet facing solutions
- Development and performance experience with Database like Oracle, SQL.
- Experience working on file systems around compression, encryption and security.
- Experience programming on Linux platform
- Outstandingdebug/problem-solvingand organizational skills
- A fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong team lead and mentor for junior team members
- Degree in Computer Science (Masters preferred) or equivalent experience required
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing is a plus
- Experience in user interface development using Angular JS and HTML5 is a plus
- Knowledge of Networking and Storage a plus
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure design a plus
- Experience with continuous software delivery model is a plus
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .