Veritas SQA Engineer in Mountain View, California
- Perform end-to-end System Level and Scalability testing of complex configurations that include multi networks, multi sites for replication, Fibre Channel, and large backup/restore workloads
- Simulate large customer and real world scenarios with large applications
- Develop test automation and tools. Knowledgeable of scripting in Python
- Drives technical issues to a root cause. Logs and tracks through to resolution
- Develop and execute test strategies, project test plans, test case automation, reports and online documentation
- Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
- Participates in team discussion on continual improvement
- Shares information and helps work their co-workers
- Experience in technical test role with current hands on experience working with enterprise products and/or custom solutions.
- A fast learner and self starter with intellectual horsepower
- Takes ownership and has a sense of pride in their work
- System testing in complex storage and backup/restore related products
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN architectures, networking protocols, and performance characterization
- Good understanding of High Availability, Disaster Recovery, and container methodologies
- Good knowledge of QA process and methodology
- Good with test automation using python or similar languages.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms
- Knowledge and/or experience with User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Continually looking for ways to improve
- Sets a very high bar in terms of quality
- Excellent working in a collaborative team environment
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .