Veritas Senior Manager, User Interface Engineering in Mountain View, California
The Customer Experience Engineering Team is seeking a senior leader skilled in front end application development, passionate about innovating user experience, and ready to lead the evolution of our Veritas’ customer experience and user experience into the future. You will be motivated by how others use your creation, want to be part of a market-leading product, and enjoy innovating and designing elegant solutions to complex problems. You will be broadly involved in the scoping, design, and delivery of web-based manageability functionality for our market leading data protection products. You will also recognize that this happens through close collaboration with your peers, your management, and, most importantly, with your team. You have a strong passion for technology while also understanding how to apply that technology to solving customer problems. You are passionate about launching innovative user experiences to global audiences and are driven to excellence in quality.
Customer experience (CX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary CX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
- Own your organization design and hiring plan that will best tackle our current and future opportunities.
- Partner with marketing, product managers, UX, and data scientists to define strategic initiatives and product vision and drive your own roadmap.
- Ensure that smart investments are being made to enable long-term effectiveness of our products, people, and processes.
- Mentor and develop your team into better leaders and engineers.
- Build a set of metrics to accurately track progress, and to set and manage expectations, with a focus on outcome-based metrics that link programs to customer adoption of Veritas’ componentry.
- Drive change management for critical user experience areas in need of repair.
- Enable your organization to scale by setting direction and goals then empowering your team to make decisions.
- Influence company-wide technology decisions as a member of our engineering leadership team.
- Leverage the latest machine learning technologies in novel ways to deliver smart user interfaces that adapt to the user.
- 10+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect or Applications Architect with UI and Presentation Layer Experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills; a history of recruiting and developing strong talent and managing global, geographically distributed teams.
- Proven track record delivering beautiful, polished, innovative consumer UI.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external clients
- Experience working with user metrics/telemetry and applying machine intelligence
- Skilled at building trust and influencing a diverse group of business partners and engineers.
- Experience with Agile.
- Experience leading teams that built consumer products and drove meaningful changes in the behavior of customers.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike, and to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Significant previous success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .