Veritas Senior Director Global Technical Account Managers in Mountain View, California
VERITAS' mission is to enable organizations to harness the power of their information.
IDC predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zettabytes by 2020. That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data. This is why 86% of the world’s financial institutions run VERITAS.
Within our Global Strategic Partnership group, we build relationships with the world’s leading system integrators, cloud providers, comprehensive outsourcing and business process outsourcing organizations. Through these partnerships we sell across companies of all sizes covering software resell, joint go-to-market solutions, OEM, BPO and also embedding our platform into these partners so they may drive deeper and greater value out of their own data. This is a phenomenally exciting business group and we are looking for industry leaders who influence change and make a difference.
The WW Global Technical Account Manager (GTAM) leader is responsible for all our Technical Account Managers across the Strategic Partnerships within our group. These individuals are based in all 3 regions and this position will require extensive travel, managing the direct reports and direct partner engagement. You hold overall accountability on ensuring the team execute against their individual partner business plans and key sales objectives. You will hold/build a solid understanding of the VERITAS portfolio and strategy to support the team in ensuring the joint go-to-markets solutions are supported by our product organization.
The GTAM’s play across all facets of our company and our partnerships, managing many stakeholders and operating within matrixed operating environments. You will need a demonstrable track record of operating within these environments, showing where you have navigated and delivered outcomes.
You will be a strong and articulate presenter who can take both technical and sales IC’s, Managers, Directors, VP and CxO on the journey. A strong coach who can support and mentor their team through driving a highly engaged and over- achievement operating model.
The GTAM’s manage technical partner activities at all levels by building comprehensive technical business plan for their partner(s)/partners, including identifying, incubating, and bringing to market strategic joint offerings (service offerings, solution offerings & OEM).
Own creation / delivery of a Global Technical Account Plan defining the technical strategy with all strategic partnerships/.
Build & maintain key ‘influencer’ technical/pre-sale/solution architect relationships within the partnerships that can be called upon on key client pursuits/engagements.
Strong stakeholder management across our sales, technical, product, service, enterprise business units.
Support the team and group in developing and executing global pre-sales enablement around joint offerings, partner technology & solutions to the extended Veritas teams and partner counterparts within country and regions.
Ensure timely execution of the key priorities set out each quarter by the VP Strategic Partnerships.
Support your team in building out their part of the quarterly business reviews Internally & Externally with executives and virtual team members.
Lead technical communications with identified stakeholders, regional influencers and account teams for knowledge transfer, best practice sharing, enablement, improvements relative to strategy and initiatives.
Proactively manage to desired KSO’s and report them in a quarterly scorecard.
Support global technical alliance and solution development activities with other partners as necessary.
- Revenue: Billings booked against account targets
- Joint Solutions: Go-to-market build, enablement, launch & monetization
- KSO: Execution of personal & team objectives
- QBR: Execution of GTAM specific items
- Partner Stakeholder: Stakeholder management of key influencersREQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years of technical alliance experience - preferably within a Global System Integrator
- Demonstrable experience of working within a global matrixed operating structure
- Management experience with technical teams ideally across multiple regions
- Demonstrable experience of bringing solutions to market with System Integrators
- Strategic planning, solution development, technical business enablement and process management, all within the context of global technical alliance development.
- Solid understanding of Veritas product portfolio and technology experience
- Experience building and managing solutions and enablement programs, including all program lifecycle aspects (such as building a business case, high-level architecture definition, resource plans,education/communicationplan).
- Accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong knowledge of cloud GTM, strategic outsourcing (SO) and systems integration (SI), OEM, or vertical business strategies as well as pursuit and delivery models highly desired.
- Working knowledge of ITaaS, SaaS, PaaS and cloud computing highly desired.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and possess excellent time management skills.
- International Travel could be as much as +75%
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .