Veritas Sales Development Representative in Heathrow, Florida
Did you know that the world’s data is likely to double every 2 years, reaching 44 zettabytes by 2020? That's more bytes of information than there are gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses.
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business by helping them to harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We are looking for motivated sales professionals who not only seek to over-achieve individually but are also leaders of change with a keen ability to influence prospective buyers into action. Are you up for the challenge?
SCOPE OF ROLE
Veritas Technologies is seeking goal fixated and detail oriented sales professionals to augment our Sales Development team.
Successful Sales Development Representatives help drive incremental revenue through detailed discovery and qualification of our prospects’ expressed interest in Veritas’ world-class data protection and information management solutions.
Business acumen, teamwork, ability to negotiate are some of the skills needed for this role. Developing these "commercially centric" competencies during your tenure with Veritas will increase your talent and provide lifelong soft skills sought after by companies of every size or vertical.
As a Sales Development Representative, your primary responsibility is to develop marketing sourced sales leads in to actionable opportunities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- High volume daily prospecting activities to qualify leads through proper discovery techniques.
- Creation and application of a daily plan to manage sales related activity and goal attainment.
- Identifying and uncovering business needs of our enterprise-class clients and prospects.
QUALIFICATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
We are seeking candidates who can leverage their work and academic experience to excel in this role by turning what they know into early action. While product and operational training will begin soon after hiring, you will be measured on your execution prior to and during your training. Below is a firm minimum of experience to qualify for the selection process.
- 2+ years of experience in a quota carrying sales role or college degree equivalent.
- Demonstrable Skills within the following areas: Written and Verbal Communication; Business Acumen.
- Extensive breadth and depth of knowledge arrived through exposure to complex business or advanced academic situations.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Demonstrable business acumen. Able to artfully articulate returns on investment to build value.
- Capable of uncovering opportunities using powerful questions and insightful engagement and commercial awareness.
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills.
- Deliver consistent achievement against stated objectives.
PERSONAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Confident and self-aware with presence and credibility.
- Must be self-starters, apply initiative and hold self-accountable.
- Solution-focused, not afraid to constructively challenge and influence others.
- Strives for continual self-development.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VERITAS?
As with any career, the most successful people marshal their talents at will. They are self-driven and maintain a solid determination to achieve the stated goal. If you can deliver on a deadline and keep a positive outlook, you will be successful!
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .