Veritas Sales Engineer in Hamburg, Germany
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are theonlycompany that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas iscurrently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
Veritas Worldwide Field Operations Organisation (WFO)
The WFO team are critical to Veritas’ success. This group engages with the customer from the first contact of discussing how Veritas can support the key business challenges through to implementation of the solution to supporting the technical teams internally.
The WFO organisation works collaboratively to maintain a winning, ambitious and putting the customer first culture and the Leadership team lead by example, inspiring and motivating all. We are focused on building solutions offering true value to the customers by offering world class enablement programmes for Sales, Pre Sales, Customer Services, Consultants and Technical Support as we firmly believe that our talent is key to our success.
This role is focused on working with a set assigned accounts and/or territory and Sales to obtain closure and manage technical risk on new VERITAS business.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team with opportunity qualification and support in all parts of the technology sales life-cycle: technical qualification, solution designing, presentation of solution proposals and high-level designs, demonstrations, manage and drive Proof of Concepts (POC) & Request for Proposals (RFP) and close opportunities from a pre-sales perspective
- Work closely with Sales to identify revenue opportunities and drive the new business up- and cross-sell within your named accounts for Veritas products and services
- Identify customers’ business demands and problems, position success stories, use cases and map customer requirements with the existing Veritas solutions
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer’s business and their technical environment
- Take care of the adoption, integration and value generation of Veritas‘ products within customers’ business and IT infrastructure
- Evangelise Veritas’ strategy, new solutions and product features on all levels of hierarchy
- Proven pre-sales experience in the high tech industry
- Strong technical background and sales/customer orientation
- Proven experience and successfully sold Data Management projects; preferable with a focus in Backup, Recovery and Archiving
- Background in Software defined Storage (SDS)
- Clear understanding of cloud technologies and platforms: especially IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Distinguished organisational, project management & analytical skills
- Strong presentation, white-boarding & negotiation skills from IT-Management to C-Level
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in German and English
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Provides a level of technical expertise and technical closure for a specific solution within an assigned accounts and/or territories.
Recognised within the team as the subject matter expert across Information Management
Maintain product/solution expertise of market trends in aligned technology including detailed understanding of the competition
- Provide high level solution design for information security or information management
- Be able to present the VERITAStechnical vision and offering strategy to across the solution offering to all levels across the customer internally and externally e.g. technical or business leads.
- Own the delivery of technical briefings for solutions and/products for external and internal customers/partners including proof of concepts/demonstrations when required.
- Maintaining key relationships/contacts within the Sales, TSS customers and partners.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .