Veritas Principal Consultant in Dusseldorf, Germany
Veritas continues to be the global leader in Information Management solutions and continues to deliver market leading Information Management solutions that dramatically reduce the Total Cost of Ownership for storing, managing, and deriving insights and business value from data and information. We remain totally focused on supporting our customers to drive value from our solutions and thus reduce the unmanaged proliferation of redundant and unused data and provide high value business insight into the information it provides.
Manages and leads complex engagements with strategic customers to influence and drive both short term and long term revenue throughout the DACH region
SCOPE OF ROLE
- To lead the customer through the sales lifecycle, from pre sales, architecting the solution through to implementation and delivery of it, including design, implementation, health check, troubleshooting projects' issues.
- To engage at a technical leadership level with strategic enterprise customers enabling Veritas to position, sell and deliver large scale/complex solutions involving new and/or mature technologies.
- Combines a deep and wide understanding of IT Infrastructure technology to architect and deliver complex solutions to address specific customer business needs.
- To proactively engage and communicate with the Business Unit, TSS, Sales, Channel and Partner communities in relation to technology expertise.
- Is accountable for driving Technical Sales and Services Excellence and acts as a role model in driving TSS value and behaviours
- Leads strategic and/or large, high risk and/or high profile engagements
- Recognised Thought Leader and source of advice for other functions and external partners.
- Translates customer business requirements into integrated technical solutions
- Designs/architects solutions which match Veritas’s technologies/services to customer needs
- Leverages cross domain architects skills to create integrated solutions architectures
- Defines interfaces with adjacent technology areas/customer infrastructure to ensure Veritas proposed solution is integrated seamlessly into the existing environment
- Develops and articulates to the customer the complete solution deployment lifecycle
- Works with customer to finalise detail of proposed solution and drives to technical closure
- Participates in the development of responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Delivers product and technology briefings and ensures all technical teams have been presented to on both Veritas technology and strategy
- Takes leadership role in large/complex deals
- Engaged in billable delivery of Veritas solutions
- Delivers services portfolio (Strategic Consulting, Design Validation & Implementation Assurance, Solution Architecture / Project Leadership ) as well as SOW associated to solution requirements
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough technical understanding of Veritas NetBackup, Appliances, complex backup projects and the application of strategic cross industry solutions.
- Ability to map technical and commercial value to longer term business goals within customer environment.
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of delivering at C level within customer organization.
- Understanding of budget cycles and P&L management
- Presence and credibility both internally and externally.
- Recognized internally and externally as thought leader in area of expertise.
- Self confidence that translates well for customers, partners and colleagues.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm.
- Enjoys the challenges encountered in selling and delivering complex technology in a competitive environment.
- Proven customer facing experience.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of relevant of underlying technology area.
- Likely to have knowledge/experience of competitor products
- Track record of design and delivery of high value complex solutions to customers.
- Vertical experience desirable in one or more of Telco, Finance, Public Sector, Industry.
QUALIFICATIONS & ACCREDITATION
- Computer Science degree desirable.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .