Veritas Sr software engineer in Beijing, China
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute in Software Architecture and Platform Enablement using your extensive background in x86 Server platforms and Latest Enterprise Storage Technologies.
- Your extensive background in storage, capability to understand firmware, Kernel and applications software will drive Proof of Concept (POC) of multiple World’s First backup appliances that will shape the future of backup storage. You will get opportunity to lead investigations of potential technological investment targets for the office of CTO.
- You will work with System and Automation Test teams to drive HW diagnostics test development, Performance Testing and Optimization. You will work with OEM partners to tune/configure HW to best suit our workloads.
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Experience with Linux based diagnostic code development on embedded platforms is highly desired
- Experience in languages such as Java, Python is required and knowledge of Go is highly desired
- MINIMUM MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Go Language
- RESTful API
- NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB
- AGILE Development Practices
Desired Skills include:
- Production level code Development for Server Storage Technologies such as RAID, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge of Clustered, Distributed and Virtualized Storage
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .