Veritas Sales Engineer 5 in Beijing, China
Veritas enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with solutions designed to serve the world’s largest and most complex heterogeneous environments, by providing industry-leading solutions that cover all platforms with backup and recovery, business continuity, software-defined storage, and information governance. Our software and hardware products enable 86 percent of the world’s Fortune 500 companies to protect, identify, and manage data within the world’s largest and most complex environments—from traditional data centers to private, public, and hybrid clouds.
The System Engineering will work as a member of the sales team to provide in-depth technical knowledge and provide assistance during the sales cycle, supporting end-user customers, channel and industry partners in the deployment of products.
• In this role you will work with the System Engineering team to provide subject matter expertise in relevant solution areas, design the solution using a range of Symantec products in order to gain technical acceptance from the customer and drive sales revenue.
• Articulate and demonstrate Symantec solutions, influence customer’s technical requirements in partnership with the business unit, and differentiate products relative to competition.
• Coordinate with Marketing and Sales to ensure that Symantec initiatives are timely and appropriate for current end user and/or market demand.
• The SE should recognize new business opportunities in the account, helping to generate and maintain the revenue pipeline.
• Presentations and customer interaction are a critical part of this position.
• Mentor other SEs within the organization and provide training for the sales community.
• Work with other SEs to provide subject matter expertise in relevant solution areas, design the solution using a range of Symantec products in order to gain technical acceptance from the customer and thus drive sales revenue.
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
• This position may require travel throughout an assigned region, and may call for travel with short notice.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
• more than 5 years experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field.
• Previous vendor and or pre-sales Systems Engineering experience required.
• Expertise in security solutions and/or enterprise technology or software solutions.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows, Linux, AIX, HP-UX and Solaris operating system platforms.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .